The lovely Kaylene of Cheers to Travelling nominated me for the Liebster Award over the weekend, thanks girl! Basically the Liebster is a chance for bloggers to show other bloggers a bit of love, get to know each other a little better through a bit of Q&A, and hopefully everyone can discover a few new blogs they love in the process. Sounds good hey?
Firstly the Q&A bit, cus who doesn’t love answering questions and talking about themselves! Thanks for the questions Kaylene 🙂
What made you start a blog?
I really just wanted a space on the internet to record all the awesome adventures I’d been on, to inspire others with photos and to offer advice and opinions to help anyone else who was heading the same way as me.
What advice would you give someone considering starting a blog?
Blogging is a great creative outlet, in a few years time you can look back and remember the amazing times you had. Whether you have an audience of hundreds of thousands, or just a few hundred, it’s still great fun and inspiring other people is great too. Plus who doesn’t like to talk alllllll about themselves now and then!
What have you found the most success in getting more traffic to your site?
Using social media and writing content that’s a bit different, Facebook and Twitter really are the way to do it.
What fuels your writing?
Wonderful travels and a passion for sharing my experiences. I hope to become one of those people who can earn something from my blog as well, don’t we all, so that keeps me really thinking about my quality of writing.
What piece of writing are you most proud of?
Ooo tricky one, I’m proud of all my work I guess as I don’t most anything that I haven’t thought through and worked hard on.
What is your biggest goal for the next year?
To save up enough money to do a whole year of travelling without working and build my blog to new heights.
What do you hope to get out of blogging?
Inspiring others, memories to look back on and the odd trip or accommodation in exchange for work wouldn’t go a miss either!
Where is your favorite vacation you’ve ever had?
If we’re talking vacation rather than travelling then definitely Ibiza with the girls in 2014, such a great time!
What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Solo travel round Europe and a helicopter ride over Canadian mountains.
What is one of the most memorable meals you’ve ever had?
I remember most of my meals because food is literally the best thing in the world ha! Probably Steak at the top of the CN Tower in Toronto.
If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go and why?
South America, specifically Bolivia, I’m so incredibly excited to go there in 2017.
Next, my nominees, all eleven of them:
My Eleven Questions:
- How did you come up with the name for your blog?
- Favourite travel related film or book?
- You have to get a tattoo tomorrow, what would it be?
- Your ultimate road trip destination?
- Number one thing on your Christmas list this year?
- Your favourite song to listen too whilst travelling?
- What’s the number one reason for writing your blog?
- Favourite memory from a vacation or travels?
- What’s on your New Years resolution list?
- When was your revolutionary ‘I’m going to start a blog’ moment?
- If you could only pick one destination to visit every year for the rest of your life where would it be?
Finally, the rules of the game, should you wish to partake in this little bit of community fun:
- Graciously accept this highest of honours within the blogging community
- Give a little mention to the wonderful blogger who nominated you, include a link to their blog, say thank you etc.
- Create a post displaying the Liebster Award logo, nominate your 11 bloggers, answer your 11 questions, create your own 11 questions for your nominees and then once it’s gone live post the link in a comment on to the blogs you’ve nominated!